Saturday, September 6, 2008

17

The dinner crowd was just starting to build up in Rodolfo's. Slowly, people were starting to trickle in and the tables were beginning to fill up. Miguel entered the restaurant, and was directed to the Chef's table, located adjacent to the kitchen. As he entered the door, he saw Adrian seated inside, a glass of wine in hand.

"Wine?" Adrian offered. Miguel nodded. Adrian signaled the waiter, who then poured Chardonnay into Miguel's glass.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked as he took a sip of the wine.

"I'll go straight to the point." Adrian began. "I want you to stay away from Laarni."

Miguel laughed, albeit mockingly. "Are you jealous of me?"

"Quite frankly, yes."

"Really? I was under the impression you're confident of your relationship with her?" Miguel retorted.

"Well, you should see how she frets over you. How she worries about you." Adrian said. Miguel smiled inside.

"I'm just her friend. You're her boyfriend. It's just paranoia." Adrian took a deep breath, and took a sip of wine.

"Please just grant this request. Stay away from her for a while." He said.

No comments: