Tuesday, September 9, 2008

27

Terminal One of Ninoy Aquino International Airport was overcrowded with jetsetters and contract workers. People were rushing to and fro, hoping not to miss their flight.



Laarni sat on one corner of the waiting area. Beside her, Adrian was making some last minute calls to his staff.

Am I doing the right thing? She thought to herself. Last night, she listened to Miguel's CD. It was a recording of his song, followed by a heartfelt message.

"Laarni, alam kong matagal ko nang sinabi sa iyo kung anong nararamdaman ko. Kung hindi mo man ako matanggap pagkatapos nito ay maiintindihan ko. I love you. I wish I could have told you sooner, but I don't know how, or takot ako. I don't want to lose you. Yet in the end, I felt I did.

La, maiintindihan ko kung hindi lalagpas sa pagkakaibigan ang pagtingin mo sa akin. Salamat sa mga pinagsamahan natin."

By the end of the message, Laarni found herself in tears, more confused than ever.

"Are you okay?" Adrian asked. Laarni looked at her and smiled, yet the sadness was evident in her eyes. She knew her attempt failed. Adrian at that point knew he lost the battle. Even if he forcibly married Laarni, he knew she would never be his.

"If you do not want to go, I'll understand." he said, a hint of depression in his voice. Laarni looked at him.

"No, I do want to go." she reassured him.

"Laarni, I know, when I have lost the war. You love Miguel." he said.

"No..." Laarni began, but Adrian cut her off.

"Your eyes tell it all. I have known it since then, that you feel something special for Miguel. I chose to ignore it, but it becomes more evident. don't want to force you into something you're not whole-hearted about."

Laarni nodded, she gave Adrian a hug. "thank you. she whispered." Adrian hugged her tightly, afraid to let go, but he knew he should.

"Go. before I change my mind."

1 comment:

Coffee Prince said...

adrian, you're the man! haha!